Advent Conspiracy is in full swing at this point in our church family. If you’re still a little confused as to what this is all about, here is a quick refresh: What is Advent Conspiracy? For many, Christmas has turned into an endless ritual of stress, conspicuous consumption, and the giving of sometimes purely obligatory gifts.
What if we reinvested half of the money we spent on Christmas gifts in God’s kingdom, by meeting some real needs both here in Athens, as well as in Africa?
- Christmas is about Jesus. It is a celebration of an event that is still changing the world.
- We love giving gifts, and doing so is not a bad thing. But, instead of just arbitrarily spending money on a Best Buy gift card, why don’t we give something that is meaningful? Get creative. Put thought and effort into it. Make the next family heirloom.
- Reinvest 50% of the resources you normally would have spent on gifts in God’s kingdom by:
- supporting the staff of an Christian orphanage in a Muslim village in Ethiopia, and
- providing impoverished Athens families with hope, and basic life necessities that they cannot afford (www.athensark.org).
How do I give?
- Cash or Check written to Christ Community Church - Memo: Advent Conspiracy
- Online click here. Choose Advent Conspiracy
When do I give?
- Give at the designated time during our gathering on December 19th.
- If you aren’t going to be in Athens, mail your check to the following address, to be received by the 19th:
Christ Community Church
P.O Box 1647
Watkinsville, GA 30677
This is a great way to start taking steps towards living generously. Our prayer is that God would work through this, and change us from the inside out.