There is a longing among the women in our church to be known by others and to know others. I also think there is a lot of frustration. Frustration because you don't know how, frustration because you feel like you have tried everything to connect, frustration because you are not sure what the next step is. If God is forming a people who help each other follow Jesus and make it impossible for our city to ignore the real Jesus, then we need a place to be honest and to find hope that frees us to take our frustrations and turn them into action.
I am not naïve enough to think that one weekend together will solve all of our challenges but here is what I do know:
- The Lord has put it on the hearts of several women to make a consistent and honorable atmosphere for the women of Christ Community to come together in order to form relationships and be known.
- We have the opportunity to be a part of something much larger than ourselves. In the process of joining together as a church, we are joining in a global vision to “gather, equip, and unleash the next generation of women to live out their purpose.”
To understand more about the vision for this year's women's retreat. watch this video, http://vimeo.com/75729261 and then sign up!
Here are three very simple steps to sign up:
- Register for the IF: Local gathering here: https://ifgathering.purecharity.com/local (*The suggested donation amount is $25, but give what you can, whether it be more or less.)
- Once you have registered, email email@example.com with your NAME and AGE.
- You are done! Wait for an e-mail from us on more details!
The only cost to you is the donation to IF. You will not be paying for our end of the conference. Everything is provided, including food. We just ask that you to come as you are, ready to listen, grow, and enjoy yourself in the company of the other women in our church.
The deadline to sign up for the retreat is Sunday, February 2nd.
Follow If: Gathering!