Summary: Jesus tells the story of a wicked man who experiences the approval of God and a good man who does not receive God's approval. It's a reminder that our external religious actions will never save us - not even the things that can only be attributed to God's grace. Our only hope is Christ alone; and it is that hope that gives us the courage to plant the gospel in our neighborhoods and start churches around the world.
- Whenever God speaks, we respond - either in obedience or disobedience. Doing nothing is disobedience.
- Obedience to God is built on repentance and faith - honesty about our sin and hope in Jesus' work on our behalf.
- The Holy Spirit fuses God's message to our life. How are you supposed to respond to what you heard this week?
- Who is helping you follow Jesus this week? Discipleship in isolation is a recipe for frustration.
A few ways we can help you as a church:
- If you're in a community group, take time to pray this week for God to give us the honesty we need to confess our self-reliance and the hope to believe that we are loved by God because of Jesus.
- You can learn more about our involvement in starting new churches around the world by going to the Acts 29 Network website.
- Our primary focus in church planting is investing 10% of our income as a church in new churches. You can help by a) continuing to give generously or b) beginning to give generously. Setting up an online giving schedule can help.