Big Idea: Anyone can follow Jesus and money will always be a concern for those of us who follow Jesus.
Verses: Luke 19:1-10
Summary: The story of Jesus and Zacchaeus gives us a picture of what it looks like to be a Christian. If we're going to follow Jesus, we'll need to climb a tree, get around the crowd and take Jesus into our home. Jesus gives us an invitation to read the Scriptures and to work together to develop a personal plan of generosity.
Next Steps: Consider the following questions as you listen and respond to God
- What did God say to us in the text?
- How do I know whether or not what I heard is true?
- How do I feel about what I heard?
- How do I practically put my hope and trust in Jesus in response to his message?
- What's my next step as a follower of Jesus?
A few ways we can help you as a church:
- Mark Driscoll writes about the importance of restitution if we have wronged other people financially.
- JD Greear lays out three critical truths about our money.
- If you're part of a community group, I'd encourage you to talk about developing personal generosity plans
- And if you're looking for a place to go deep with the Bible and with each other, email me (email@example.com) and let's talk about getting you into a DNA Group.