Big Idea: While we wait for Jesus to come back, we go about our business and give our lives away.
Verse: Luke 19:11-27
Summary: Someday Jesus is going to come back. To help us understand how to live while we wait, he tells a story about servants and enemies. The proper response is to consider whether or not we want Jesus to be our king, and if so, will we hide what he's given us or give our lives away to loving God and loving neighbor?
Next Steps: Consider the following questions as you listen and respond to God
- What did God say to us in the text?
- How do I know whether or not what I heard is true?
- How do I feel about what I heard?
- How do I practically put my hope and trust in Jesus in response to his message?
- What's my next step as a follower of Jesus?
A few ways we can help you as a church:
- Paul Tripp helps those of us who are married figure out how to give our lives away (2 minute video)
- My friend, Sam Storms, helps us understand what it means for us to love and enjoy God (article)
- Kevin DeYoung wrote a book called Crazy Busy. You should read it. It's short and really helpful.
- If you're part of a community group, I'd encourage you to talk about who you're planning to BLESS between now and Easter.
- And if you're looking for a place to go deep with the Bible and with each other, email me (email@example.com) and let's talk about getting you into a DNA Group.