Big Idea: We don't have to be scared to give up control of our lives and trust Jesus.
Verses: Luke 20:41-21:4
Summary: What happens when you come into contact with Jesus? He pokes at our cultural politics, our skepticism, our doubts - all the ways that we try to protect ourselves and hold on to control of our lives. In the actions of a poor widow, we're able to see Jesus as the King who gave up control and sacrificed his life for you and me.
Next Steps: Consider the following questions as you listen and respond to God:
- What did God say to me in the text?
- How do I know whether or not what I heard is true?
- How do I feel about what I heard?
- How do I practically put my hope and trust in Jesus in response to his message?
- What's my next step as a follower of Jesus?
A few ways we can help you as a church:
- My friend, Eric Mason, talks the primary struggle facing men today (20 minute video)
- Ladies, if you're not a reader of Jani Ortlund's blog, here's a chance to change that :-) (True Woman Blog)
- Jesus mentions David in this text. Malcolm Gladwell wrote an interesting book on the advantage of being the underdog called, David and Goliath (book)
- If you're part of a community group, I'd encourage you to talk about who you're planning to BLESS between now and Easter.
- And if you're looking for a place to go deep with the Bible and with each other, email me (email@example.com) and let's talk about getting you into a DNA Group.