Here's the big idea for this Sunday - a church is a family of missionaries. Here's an idea of what that means for us at Christ Church - this is from The Porterbrook Network curriculum on Missional Community Life:
Imagine you are part of a church-planting team in Spain. How would you answer the following questions?
- What criteria would you use to decide where to live?
- How would you approach employment in the marketplace?
- What standard of living would you expect as missionaries?
- What would you spend your time doing?
- What opportunities would you look for?
- What would your prayers be like?
- What would you be trying to do with your new friends?
- What kind of team would you want around you?
- How would you conduct your meetings together?
In order to reach people living in Spain, we are willing to take risks, get radical and think outside of the box. But if we are missionaries because we have been created by and belong to a missionary God (Genesis 12:1-3; Galatians 4:4-5; Ephesians 1:9-10; Revelation 21:1-5), then why would we be any less creative, risky and radical here in Athens?